PSA Sales Account Manager
Collectors Universe, a publicly traded provider of third-party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 300 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris, is seeking a Sales Account Manager. Collectors Universe was founded in 1986 and since that time we have graded and authenticated more than 55 million items. The Sales Account Manager will directly assist existing clients of PSA and PSA/DNA. The position is based in Santa Ana, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tend to the day-to-day submission needs of existing clients;
- Grow existing account revenues through upsells, contract expansion and advice on utilizing the full suite of PSA services;
- Travel across the United States to regional on-site authentication events to serve as company representative and nurture relationships with clients;
- Negotiate and set customer pricing;
- Help Sales Representative offload new customers and assume role as primary point of contact for client;
- Identify service improvements or new services by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
To perform the job successfully, the Sales Account Manager should demonstrate the following:
- The ability to communicate with others effectively in order to resolve conflicts, solve problems and, most importantly, maintain and generate business.
- Exude confidence in service knowledge and our brand when presenting/communicating with customers and represent our company well.
- Be organized and be efficient in his/her sales approach since performance is based, in large part, on submissions.
- Have the right demeanor and ability to deal with problems associated with processing, grading or other related issues. Having good working relations with fellow employees is vital to this position in addition to the ability to handle tough customers.
- Demonstrate expertise in our services and the collectibles market, as well as the general world of sports and entertainment. It is crucial that the employee continually build his/her base of knowledge. Learning hobby lingo/terms, understanding market challenges, values collectibles, etc. all assists in the sales process.
- Maintain solid working relationships with fellow employees, especially in operations, to maximize performance. Constant communication with our operations staff, mainly the manager, is necessary to ensure that we can deliver what is promised to the customer.
- College degree (BA/BS) is required.
- Background in sales or customer relations. Direct industry experience, preferred.
- This position requires frequent travel throughout the contiguous United States.
- Must attend major hobby tradeshows and be flexible enough to travel to regional shows or meetings on short notice.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook, required.