PSA Sales Representative
Collectors Universe, a publicly traded provider of third-party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 300 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris, is seeking a Sales Representative. Collectors Universe was founded in 1986 and since that time we have graded and authenticated more than 55 million items. The Sales Representative will generate revenue, increase awareness and support the growth of our PSA authentication and grading services by proactively seeking out new accounts both inside and outside of the traditional hobby. The position is based in Santa Ana, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, contact and nurture prospective PSA clients across trading cards, autographs, game used equipment, original photographs and other memorabilia authenticated and graded by PSA, now and in the future;
- Find and develop new sales channels in the United States and North America;
- Find and nurture strategic partnerships with prospective PSA clients;
- Negotiate and set customer wholesale pricing;
- Once account is secured, brief Account Manager on new customer’s goals and transition out of the relationship;
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas;
- Work closely with marketing staff to create sales solicitation material;
- Network with key hobby accounts to strengthen PSA’s reach and standing in the community;
- Communicate and follow up on customer issues with PSA Account Manager and support staff.
To perform the job successfully, the Sales Representative should demonstrate the following:
- The ability to communicate with others effectively in order to resolve conflicts, solve problems and, most importantly, maintain and generate business.
- Exude confidence in service knowledge and our brand when presenting/communicating with customers and represent our company well.
- Must stay organized and be efficient in his/her sales approach since performance is based, in large part, on submissions.
- Must have the right demeanor and ability to deal with problems associated with processing, grading or other related issues. Having good working relations with fellow employees is vital to this position in addition to the ability to handle tough customers.
- Must demonstrate expertise in our services and the collectibles market. It is crucial that the candidate continually build his/her base of knowledge to generate sales. Learning hobby lingo/terms, understanding market challenges, values of collectibles, etc. all assists in the sales process.
- Must maintain solid working relationships with fellow employees, especially in operations, to maximize performance. Constant communication with our operations staff, mainly the manager, is necessary to ensure that we can deliver what is promised to the customer.
- College degree (BA/BS) is required.
- Background in sales, and direct industry experience, specific to the sports collectibles hobby.
- This position requires frequent travel throughout the contiguous United States.
- Must attend major hobby tradeshows and be flexible enough to travel to regional shows or meetings on short notice.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook, required.