PSA Customer Service Representative Level I
Summary: To answer customer inquiries, resolve issues and complaints over the phone, e-mail or in person and to provide support to the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Customer Service phone calls
- Answer Customer Service e-mails
- Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
- Sell and place orders for memberships and supplies
- Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
- Make calls to follow up on complaints and issues
- Attend trade shows as company representative
- Provide office support
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, each Customer Service Representative, Level I should demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within our particular fields
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Respond to customer letters and emails in a professional, clear manner.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork- balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Problem solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 2+ years Customer Service experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office-Excel and Word proficiency preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Work Environment: The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting, convention center, sporting arena, hotel meeting area, warehouses and/or at customer’s location. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, sitting and standing for extended periods of time on location at a show or private event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with an occasional fluctuation.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in U.S. This is a full-time position. No recruiters.