PSA Pricing Results Specialist
Collectors Universe, a publicly traded provider of third-party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 300 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris, is seeking a Pricing Results Specialist. Collectors Universe was founded in 1986 and since that time we have graded and authenticated more than 55 million items. The Pricing Results Specialist is a business support position that reviews select customer submissions and adjusts fees to the appropriate service levels based on graded-card market values. The position is based in Santa Ana, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review customer orders for service level accuracy based on graded-card market values;
- Make necessary adjustments to submission fees on an itemized, line-by-line basis;
- Stay current with trading card and related collectibles pricing by reviewing trade pricing publications, auction results and other credible resources;
- Find and communicate with hobby pricing resources for support purposes;
- Contact customers directly and frequently via email and/or phone to notify them of the fee changes and obtain authorization to charge correct fees;
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, and issues pertaining to these fee corrections;
- Communicate with other departments and employees within the company as needed to ensure order completion and overall customer satisfaction;
- Identify pricing, service or system improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, technology and competitors.
To perform the job successfully, the Pricing Results Specialist should demonstrate the following:
- This employee must demonstrate expertise in trading cards and our services, as well as the general world of sports and entertainment. It is crucial that the employee continually build his/her base of knowledge. Learning hobby brands, releases, and knowing values of trading cards will be critical to success.
- This employee must be comfortable researching trading card pricing, available through various mediums and methods.
- This employee must have the right demeanor and ability to solve problems associated with incomplete or minimal information. Having good working relations with fellow employees and hobby contacts is vital.
- The ability to effectively communicate with others to solve problems and work efficiently and effectively. Frequent communication with our operations, customer service and accounting staff members, in addition to customers directly, will be necessary.
- This employee must stay organized and be efficient in his/her duties to process as many submissions as possible.
- This employee must have some background in operations, accounting, or customer service.
- Direct industry experience is preferred, specific to what we do, but not required if we believe that the candidate is able to learn quickly.
- Experience in the trading card industry, specific to trading card identification, pricing and valuation, is required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook, required.
- Experience and ability to correspond via email and phone, adhering to basic grammar and professional etiquette rules, is a must.
- Direct experience in the industry (specific to trading card identification, pricing, and valuation) is required.