Sports Order Processing Specialist at PSA - Woodbridge, NJ Office
Do you have a passion for the sports memorabilia and entertainment industry? If so, we have the job for you! We are seeking a hard-working, motivated team player with the skills to contribute to a fast-paced and team- oriented environment. PSA (Professional Sports Authentication) is currently looking for a Sports Order Processing Specialist to support our East Coast Office located in New Jersey.
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party authentication and grading company in the world. PSA is the preferred choice of collectors, dealers and auction houses worldwide. PSA has processed over 20 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars.
Collectors Universe, the parent company of PSA is a publicly-traded provider of third-party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 300 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris, is seeking a PSA Sales Representative for the Entertainment & Trading Card Game (TCG) market.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks – Café & Free Membership to Building Gym
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm and some weekends (flexible schedule)
Summary: The Sports Order Processing Specialist will be responsible for completing the processing of submissions by entering data, taking photographs, communicating directly with the Authenticating staff, and making sure that all items are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles delicate, sometimes high-value, collectibles with the utmost care and attention
- Crops, labels, and stores scanned and photographed images into designated files in our database
- Performs image clean-up as necessary (i.e., making them print and/or web ready)
- Contacts customers, as needed, to keep orders moving forward toward completion
- Enters data accurately in Excel worksheets
- Supports authentication team in maintaining and organizing results
- Travels to sports memorabilia trade shows and/or meet with auction houses/sports dealers to process submissions
- Helps manage supply list including certification-rolls/cards
- Handles customers when they drop off and/or pick up orders in the office
- Processes submissions by opening, counting, and verifying incoming packages
- Maintains and updates the certification database
- Verifies items match the results in the system and the submission form plus prepares orders for shipping
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required and some college preferred.
- Experience within the sports memorabilia industry or equivalent sports knowledge is desired for this position as it requires a vast knowledge of all types of sports and non-sports players, trading cards, and sports items.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word, and photo editing software such as Photoshop; with an aptitude to learn and understand company software.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and accurately, with limited supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills: Communicate clearly and intelligently with other departments as well as others outside of the organization.
- Physical Demands: Able to perform sitting down or standing for extended periods of time and able to lift or move items up to 50 pounds or more.
- Teamwork: Willingness and ability to work well with others while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures set forth by the company.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions correctly and appropriately upon each situation using common sense.
- Organization: Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently, prioritize what work needs to be done first.
- Professionalism: Approaches others with respect and works well under pressure.
- Quality: Completes work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management directions.
- Language Skills: Displays the ability to read and/or write instructions, correspondence, and memos with full comprehension.